This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through a link we may earn a commission.
People often mistake cold brew coffee for iced coffee. It is different. While hot coffee can be chilled pretty rapidly, cold brew takes hours to achieve. Until now.
The Cuisinart DCB-10 Automatic Cold Brew Coffeemaker (Amazon) is a handy machine for those who do not want to wait 12 to 24 hours to produce delicious coffee. Instead, it can brew mild coffee in as little as 25 minutes, medium strength in 35, and bold coffee in 45 minutes.
The coffee maker works by constantly swirling the water through the grounds to maximize extraction in a shorter period of time.
The machine features push buttons to select brew strength, a reusable filter basket, and a glass carafe that also doubles as a storage container.
The stainless steel filter that can easily be removed for cleaning. Another plus in cleaning is that all components can be placed in the dishwasher.
- Ready-to-Drink – With this new coffee maker, now you can brew coffee cold in less than 25 minutes.
- 7 cup Glass Carafe – It comes with a 7 cup glass carafe with removable stainless steel filter lid.
- Strength Selector – Select from three different brew strengths mild (25 min), medium (35min), and bold (45min).
- Clear Brewing Chamber – It comes with a clear brewing chamber.
- Removable Water Tank –The water tank and the coffee filter basket are removable for easy filling and cleaning.
- Indicator Light – Indicator light turns on when you switch the lever to straining
- Store – The coffee can be stored in the glass carafe for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
- Removable Parts – All removable parts are dishwasher safe.
- Warranty – It comes with a limited warranty of 3 years.
- Glass carafe has a removable stainless steel filter
- Fast brewing time in at most 45 minutes
- The water tank can be removed for cleaning and filling
- Filter basket can easily be maintained
- Coffee strength choices: mild, medium, bold
- Carafe can store concentrate in fridge for at most 14 days
- The smaller parts are hard to clean
The Cuisinart DCB-10 Automatic Cold Brew Coffeemaker is very promising. The only downside about this product is that some minute parts are hard to clean. But other than that, it works perfectly fine.
Previously, to get cold brew coffee anywhere near this quickly, you needed a cold drip maker. Even then, it was a few hours before you had coffee. In this world of instant gratification, 45 minutes for a cup of coffee might still be a long time to wait. But, if you are like me and forget to start a batch brewing the day before, this could be started first thing in the morning and be done by the time you are ready to walk out the door.