This post may contain affiliate links.
People love to have a delicious cup of cold brewed coffee on their table. But, it can get too expensive to go to your local local coffee shop daily for it. That is why many are looking for something that produces quality coffee. Not only that, they want it to be easy and convenient.
The Grady’s Cold Brew Iced Coffee Kit (Amazon) is one of the easiest ways to produce a nice cup of cold brew coffee without the fuss. It is as simple as adding water and the included bean bag directly to the pouch and waiting for a maximum of 12 hours.
This set comes with enough bean sachets to make a total of 36 cups of coffee, which is less than $1 per serving. Each bean bag makes approximately 12 ounces of coffee concentrate. The concentrate can then be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. So brewing every day is not necessary. The convenient brewing pouch has a spout on it which makes it easy to dispense.
The flavor is a unique New Orleans style blend, consisting of coffee, chicory and spices.
- Easy to use: Just add water and steep, remove the bean bags and store in the pouch
- Pour And Store Pouch: Each pouch makes approximately 36 cups of cold brew coffee
- Style flavor: Get the famous Grady’s New Orleans coffee at home
- The kit makes up to 36 cups of cold brewed coffee
- Easy to use
- Has a pour-and-store pouch with a dispenser
- A unique New Orleans coffee concentrate
- Each bean bag produces up to 12 ounces of concentrate
- Can be stored in the fridge for up to 14 days
- Economical cost per serving
- Bitter and strong flavor that isn’t for everyone
- Not everyone likes the taste of chicory
- If steeped for too long, the bean bags get fragile
The Grady’s Cold Brew Iced Coffee Cold Brew Kit is definitely an easy way to have a cup without any fuss. But the downside of this product is that it can have a bitter and acidic taste after a few sips. If you are into New Orleans style coffee, this is a great option, if not, I would pass.
There are several other companies offering coffee bean bags (though most don’t include the brewing pouch with spigot like Grady’s). ReallyCoolCoffee Cold Brew Coffee Kit, (4 Foil Pouches, 12 Bags) comes close. This brand can make more coffee-as much as 40 to 60 cups, though you will have to provide the brewing pitcher.
With no equipment needed, Grady’s kit is easy to use. It also has a smooth taste and less acidity which is good for the stomach. It is also not messy to use.
Both products are actually good, and it all depends on the user’s taste preference. Grady’s Cold Brew Coffee Kit is a must-have for New Orlean’s style coffee fans. And, if that is you–this is one of the few commercial products that will allow you to make New Orleans Cold Brew at home.